Just one day to go now for you to vote in the most prestigious of the UK jazz awards - the 2017 Parliamentary Jazz Awards. The deadline is 12 noon on Wednesday 16th August 2017.
Last year 2016 Seven Jazz Leeds was the only winner from the North - so lets see if we can get some others from the region this year !
The categories are
- Jazz Album of the Year (released in 2016 by a UK band or musicians)
- Services to Jazz Award (to a living person for their outstanding contribution to jazz in the UK).
- Jazz Newcomer of the Year (UK-based artist, musician or group with a debut album released in 2016)
- Jazz Education Award (to an educator or project for raising the standard of jazz education in the UK)
- Jazz Media Award(including broadcasters, journalists, magazines, blogs, listings and books)
- Jazz Venue of the Year (including jazz clubs, venues, festivals and promoters)
- Jazz Ensemble of the Year(UK-based group who impressed in 2016)
- Jazz Instrumentalist of the Year (UK-based musician who impressed in 2016)
- Jazz Vocalist of the Year (UK-based vocalist who impressed in 2016
To vote please go to: https://www.pizzaexpresslive.com/parliamentary-jazz-awards-2017
The awards are organised by the All Party Parliamentary Jazz Appreciation Group (APPJAG), co-chaired by Kelvin Hopkins MP and Lord Colwyn, and supported by PizzaExpress Live in conjunction with Peroni. The awards will be made not at the Houses of Commons this year (they are, after all rather busy...) but at PizzaExpress Live in Holborn on Tuesday 10th October.
The final deadline for entries is 12 noon on Wednesday 16th August 2017.