Follow by Email
Tuesday, 12 April 2016
Looking for a freer jazz approach to singing?
From Louise Gibbs
Looking for a freer jazz approach to singing and performing? Then this one-day workshop is for you. Singers from all genres (pop, soul, gospel, classical, folk) are welcome. Some previous jazz experience is desirable but not essential, just a willingness to sing and learn. You’ll:
• explore your “jazz voice”
• learn new repertoire
• develop your improvising skills
• learn how to direct a band and prepare for a jam session
• perform with greater confidence
• experience singing with a supportive trio of top young UK musicians: Sam Leak (piano), Mark Lewandowski (bass), and Sam Gardner (drums).
Louise Gibbs brings depth of experience and expertise as a performing artist, composer, teacher and workshop leader. She has taught voice, jazz, improvisation and musicianship at all levels at Leeds College of Music, Royal Northern College of Music, Guildhall School of Music & Drama, and Goldsmiths, University of London, and given workshops worldwide. She currently teaches voice at the Universities of Hull and Leeds.
The workshop takes place in Leeds (5 Claremont Drive, Leeds LS6 4ED) on Saturday, 4 June, 10.00-17.00and is limited to 10 participants.
Cost: £75 for the day (£60 full time student) – includes lunch & refreshments. For more information and to book a place: email@example.com or 07813 684077