There's loads of great jazz happening in York at the moment with events on most nights of week.
As well as the regular gigs listed below, there are several world class bands visiting the city in the coming months. Hosted by the National Centre For Early Music & York University, these include Alan Barnes, Jesse Bannister, Julian Arguelles and Dennis Rollins. More here http://www.ncem.co.uk/
Monday - Kate Peters Quartet at The Phoenix Inn - 8.30pm - Free entry. 1st & 3rd Monday of every month
Tuesday - One Foot In the Groove at The Victoria Vaults - 8.30pm - Free entry. Once a month (check listings)
Wednesday - Jazz Jam at The Phoenix Inn - 8.30pm - Free entry. Weekly
- Gypsy Jazz Jazz at The Victoria Vaults - 8.30pm - Free entry. Every fortnight
Thursday - Jazz at The Red Lion Hotel (bands led by Keith Jevons and Karl Mullen) - 8.30pm - Free entry - Weekly
- Jazz at The Pavilion Hotel (Vocal duo's including Jenny Smith, Georgina Barr & Julie Edwards) - 7pm - Free entry. Weekly
- Jazz at Nevermind (A rotation of bands including James Lancaster, Kate Peters and Firebird Quartet) - 9pm - Free entry - Weekly
Sunday - Jazz at Kennedy's Bar (guests guitarists/pianists with a house rhythm section) - 1pm - Free entry - Weekly
- Jazz at The Phoenix Inn (rotating bands including Firebird Quartet, Central Scrutinizers & guest bands) - 8pm - Free entry - Weekly
- Late Night Jazz at Sotanos (quartet led by Neil Corkery) - 9pm - Free entry - Weekly
- Karl Mullen & Rachel Croft at The Rook & Gaskill - 8pm - Free entry - 1st Sunday of the month
There's much more information at www.jazzinyork.com . People can also keep up to date in a few other ways. There's the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/jazzinyork, Twitter at www.twitter.com/jazzinyork You can also listen to Ian Chalk give a run down of jazz in North Yorkshire on BBC Radio York every Monday around 3.30pm.